Easing the Transition to School
Whether you are returning to school after a long absence or going to school for the first time, attending, participating, and preparing homework for classes can be challenging. The following are some ideas that might make this transition easier.• Use the school's student services or talk with your academic advisor if you are having a problem.
• Consider studying with someone to help get through class material.
• If you don't understand class material, speak directly with your professor.
• Complete your assignments on time and come to class prepared.
• Have paperwork completed and in your possession when dealing with administrative obligations.
• Talk with other students about how to cope with the multiple demands of school, work, and family.
• Don't let age difference become a barrier: your life experiences are rich gifts.
U.S. Department of Education
Peterson's: The Education Supersite